Setting Entry 2: As Heard from Those Leading the Way
【Inhuman Demon Realm】New Continent Information Exchange, Thread 92【I Miss My Bed】
126: Thunder Nut
I mean, technically I only use it to save, but these hard beds seriously suck.
127: Basashi Musashi
Quit sleeping, dumbass! Grab your axe and get back to chopping trees already!!
128: Hardtack VI
The monsters are so damn strong that solo players just keep respawning at the frontline base, it seriously makes grass grow.[*1]
129: Tottori the Shimane
Oh shit, I may have screwed up.
130: Thunder Nut
>>127
I was chopping down a tree when something charged straight into my lower back and blew my HP to pieces in one hit, goddammit!
What the hell is with that knockoff Triceratops with a dinosaur head stuck on a horse's body; coming at you at thoroughbred speed is straight-up cheating......
131: Hyper Magic Toaster
>>129
Depending on what you did, this may call for a public shaming. What'd you do? Let's hear it.
132: Tottori the Shimane
I accidentally shot an arrow at this girl who looked kinda like an Elf...... I'd gotten jumped by packs of raptor-looking monsters about eight times, so I was on edge......
133: Basashi Musashi
An Elf, for real? More importantly, there are NPCs in this dinosaur paradise?
134: Takuan-Topped Tiramisu
Wait, wouldn't that make the presumed Elf hostile toward players? Isn't that bad?
135: Hyper Magic Toaster
This calls for public shaming, no question. Also, why did >>134 choose that PN?
136: Plum King Planet[*2]
Hold up, what the hell is with that modded-to-hell T-Rex? It's got three heads www
137: AB-Ten
Looks like Black Wolf's advance group is investigating all sorts of stuff right now, and apparently there are obvious traces of people having lived here scattered around. So yeah, there are definitely natives here...... even though somebody apparently had to go and commit a hostile act against them.
138: Tottori the Shimane
I'm gonna strip off all my gear and go apologize.
139: Plum King Planet
That Cerberus Tyrannosaurus is way too strong, this is bad. Any warrior classes with high Defense around? I wanna party up and go get revenge.
140: Tororoglycerin
That's the one that wiped out a Team 10PM survey party around two days ago. Apparently Team 10PM is putting together a large-scale subjugation force, so why not volunteer?
141: BuLuck Shine
Team 10PM will take anyone Level 95 or higher with a magic-user class. Wall tanks need to be at least Level 99 with Phalanx unlocked or it's unwinnable, so be warned.
142: Hardtack VI
>>138
If I saw a naked freak walking through a danger zone, I'd shoot them without a second thought.
143: Shamisen Samurai
Hey, apparently Saint-chan is coming to the New Continent. The Saint-chan thread had turned into a festival.
144: Tottori the Shimane
For the sake of ten million Elf fans nationwide, mending relations has to be our top priority...... The ultimate Japanese weapon, the dogeza, is about to spit fire.
145: Albert Wingers
Wasn't the Church openly recruiting escort forces for Saint-chan? Saint-chan's Personal Guard came in ordering weapons and armor like they were going off to fight Lycaon, so I've been slammed. Good thing I put off going to the New Continent for now.
146: Emi-Lia
Exploring the new area is fine, but please help defend the frontline base once in a while...... The mats are tasty, and anyone who still isn't Level 99 can grind levels too...... Seriously, at this rate the monsters are going to destroy the base sooner or later......
147: Vigilance
The road to the Altar of Awakening is way too brutal...... This is impossible solo......
148: Albatross Wiseman
You won't make it unless you repel the dinosaurs coming at you through sheer force of numbers. Apparently even Black Wolf had to sacrifice half their members to reach it.
149: Castella Musharl
I tested it, and it looks like the larger dinosaur-type monsters mostly lose track of you once you put at least ten meters between you.
Are those things nearsighted?
150: Thunder Nut
I never thought I'd charge into the New Continent full of excitement, only for my first job to be helping lumberjacks and carpenters......
151: Hyper Magic Toaster
When is the next survey ship coming? Whether we're exploring the area or reinforcing the base, we're desperately short on players.
152: Basashi Musashi
Well, nobody expected the New Continent expedition to have a 7,000-player cap. Never thought I'd have to draw lots even inside a game.
On that front, I'm grateful the top clans cut down the number of their members going to the New Continent.
153: Shamisen Samurai
Though there's this deranged clan where every single member's job is "Paladin," and they're trying to load the entire clan onto the next ship.
154: Thunder Nut
They chased realism so hard it looped back around into being inconvenient...... Can't we build a teleportation device or something?
155: Basashi Musashi
Forget teleporters, build more houses first. How many players do you think are living on the ship?
156: Soggy Senbei
I'm one of the stay-behind group, but the survey ships are being completed one after another. The second New Continent expedition is heading over in five survey ships, NPCs included, so the player count's about to jump all at once.
Those Shipbuilding Quest rewards are tasty, tasty.
157: Super Farmer
I planted and raised a "Mysterious Bulb," and it turned into some kind of monster www now it's taken a liking to me wwwww
158: Yubari Melos[*3]
AAAAAAAAAH THE LIZARDMAN TALKED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
159: Water-Based Kumadori
At last, the classic fantasy demi-humans have appeared. My chest is heating up.
160: Albatross Wiseman
Who could've guessed that everything from Firstia to Fifticia was one massive tutorial?
Author's Afterword
And so, the so-called fantasy races have now been "officially" unlocked. There is a proper reason why there are no fantasy races on the Old Continent, but for now, the current frontline players have made contact with Elves, otherwise known as forest snacks and dinosaur Lunch Packs.
The players who contributed the most to ShanFro as a game were probably not the top clans, but the ones who steadily kept completing the "Shipbuilding Quest."
Q. How was the existence of the New Continent discovered in the first place?
A. Because a John Manjiro-like castaway was taken into protection by the kingdom, revealing its existence.[*4] So in fact, there are a handful of fantasy races on the Old Continent, few enough to count on one hand.
Q. So do Elves really get chome-chome'd by Orcs after all!?[*5]
A. Orcs are fattier and tastier than Elves. You can figure out the rest, right?
Q. Dinosaurs!?
A. To be precise, they're a group of reptilian monsters that, for a certain reason, have ended up closer to dragons. The New Continent is quite the hellscape.
Q. Why is Saint-chan going on a business trip?
A. For an extremely saintly reason: "If this body can be of some aid to the Pioneers who face hardship head-on and are wounded day and night......" The nobility of that selfless service made the Pope's eyes roll back, the Holy Knight Order weep tears of emotion, and Psyger-100, who incidentally doesn't know about Sunraku's condition, panic.
Translator's Notes
- [1] Grass grows: Japanese internet slang derived from strings of w, meaning laughter. Rows of wwwww resemble blades of grass.
- [2] Plum King Planet: The Japanese handle 梅王星 replaces the first kanji in 冥王星, "Pluto," with 梅, "plum."
- [3] Yubari Melos: A pun combining Yubari Melon with Melos from Dazai Osamu's Run, Melos!
- [4] John Manjiro: A nineteenth-century Japanese castaway who was rescued by an American ship, travelled to the United States, and later returned to Japan with knowledge of the outside world.
- [5] Chome-chome: An old Japanese spoken stand-in for censored "XX," later used as a coy euphemism for sexual activity.
Comments
Post a Comment